Joong High’s legal focus is in banking, commercial and property related matters, primarily on securitisation of documents for project financing, bridging and end financing, and other banking facilities.
He also advises on all legal aspects of land matters; sale and purchase agreements for individuals or corporations or office or commercial complexes; development and joint venture agreements between developers and landowners; lease agreements for offices and commercial complexes.
Joong High started his legal career in the mid-1980s. He joined Zaid Ibrahim & Co. (a member of ZICO Law) as a partner in the Johor office and remained in practise until 2001. He relocated to Western Australia after that and whilst there he was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2002. He returned to Malaysia in 2011 and resumed practise again with the firm as a Partner in the Penang office.
- Barrister and Solicitor of Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Barrister and Solicitor of Supreme Court of Australian Federal Territory
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn, United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Law from City University, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree from Hull University, United Kingdom