Boo Seng has been practising in the area of Intellectual Property (IP) for the past 19 years covering different aspects of IP practice. He has extensive experience in IP litigation and has represented many IP owners in the enforcement and protection of their rights.
He regularly advises clients on IP issues in corporate and commercial transactions, and on licensing and commercialisation of IP rights. He also advises clients on matters relating to personal data protection.
He is recognised and ranked in a number of publications including the Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Chambers Asia-Pacific. He has been described as having “established a solid reputation in the market” and “adept in matters ranging from infringement disputes to enforcement strategies” by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015.
In 2018, The World Trademark Review commended Boo Seng for his commercial intellectual property expertise and described him as “a versatile operator with a deft enforcement touch.”
Boo Seng commenced practice in 1998. Before joining the ZICO Law network, he was a partner at Messrs. Rahmat Lim & Partners and prior to that, he was a partner at Messrs. Shook Lin & Bok.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Registered Trade Mark, Patent and Industrial Design Agent
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of New South Wales, Australia
- Recommended Lawyer | Intellectual Property | Malaysia
Legal 500, 2016 – 2017
- Leading Lawyer | Intellectual Property | Malaysia
Asialaw Profiles, 2016 – 2017
- Trademark Star | Intellectual Property | Malaysia
Managing Intellectual Property , 2016 – 2017
- Silver | Prosecution & Strategy | Malaysia
World Trademark Review 1000 , 2017
- Band 3 | Intellectual Property | Malaysia
Chambers & Partners , 2016 – 2017