In 2018, we committed to a transformation of the iRBS in order to improve service delivery, reduce inefficiencies, and streamline costs. As part of this transformation, the following was achieved in 2019:
- Merging service units. Knowledge Management and Training Unit of the iRBS were merged in view of the overlapping and synergistic services they provide to the ZICO Law network.
- Reviewing training needs. A joint review by the Human Resources, Knowledge Management, Training, and Compliance Unit was undertaken to better align training resources and curriculums with the ZICO Law network’s needs.
- Digitizing and streamlining communications. Consolidation of our different modes of virtual communications under the Microsoft Team platform was implemented to both reduce unnecessary costs e.g. usage of conference call facilities and to boost workplace productivity.
- Improving and simplifying risk management. To provide better focus on specific aspects of risk, the Enterprise Risk Management System has been split into 3 components – financial risk, compliance risk, and other risks. Financial risk will be addressed by the Chief Financial Officer, while all other risk aspects being overseen by the Chief Risk Officer. The Chief Risk Officer and the Chief Financial Officer both report directly to the Audit and Risk Committee on risk issues, providing the necessary input on enterprise risk.
Business Ethics & Policies
As professional advisors to ASEAN’s business community and the region’s policymakers, adopting a zero tolerance approach towards corruption is critical to our business continuity, branding, and reputation as trusted advisors.
Our policy is to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. We adopt a zero tolerance approach to dishonesty, bribery and corruption and is committed to acting professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all its business dealings and relationships, wherever it operates. We continually review controls to ensure business is conducted in an ethical manner and in compliance with anti-corruption regulations with a view to attaining zero non-compliance incidents. We do not tolerate any malpractice, impropriety, statutory non-compliance or wrongdoing in our business operations.
Our Network has signed and operates under the policies below. Contact Hanim Hamzah for more information.
- Anti-Corruption Policy
- Business Convergence
- Code of Conduct
- Conflicts Check Policy
- Crisis Management Plan Policy
- Diversity Policy
- Environmental Policy
- IT Security Framework Policy
- Marketing Policy
- Secondment and Transfer Policy
- Social Media Policy