David has experience in a wide range of domestic and international financings.
His banking, finance and capital markets practice includes acting for arrangers, lenders, financial institutions and borrowers on a wide variety of domestic and cross border syndicated lending, aircraft finance, structured finance, property finance, acquisition finance, Islamic finance and debt restructurings.
David started his career in legal practice with Zaid Ibrahim & Co. (a member of ZICOlaw) in 1998. In 2003, David joined an international law firm in Singapore where he practised English and Singapore law. In July 2008, David rejoined Zaid Ibrahim & Co. as a Partner.
David is a recipient of the British Chevening Scholarship and the Tenaga Nasional Scholarship.
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- Barrister-at-Law, Gray’s Inn
- LLM (Corporate & Securities) from University College London, England
- LLB (Hons) from University of Nottingham, England
- Leading Lawyer| M&A | Malaysia
IFLR 1000, 2016
- Spotlight Table| Corporate Commercial: Equity Capital Markets| Malaysia
Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific, 2016
- Leading Lawyer| Malaysia
Asialaw Profiles, 2016