Geraldine advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial transactions across diverse industries including: telecommunications, trade, agriculture, hospitality and tourism, services and the energy sector. She has acted as lead solicitor and negotiator in past projects. Geraldine also regularly advises foreign companies on entry and foreign direct investment into Myanmar, covering a wide spectrum of matters relating to legal and regulatory compliance.
Geraldine started her career in litigation involving corporate commercial disputes such as breach of contract, banking facility defaults, shareholder tussles and company law matters. She has appeared at all levels of Court with a number of reported judgments in the Malaysian Law Reports. She then joined a boutique firm practicing in corporate commercial and real estate transactions before relocating to Myanmar where she became a Resident Partner in January 2018.
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law, Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- LLB (Hons), University of the West of England, Bristol (LL.B)
- Band 4, General Business Law, Chambers (AP), 2021
- Ranked Lawyer, ALB 40 Under 40, Asian Legal Business, 2018
- Highlighted Lawyer, Corporate/M&A, Projects & Energy, Legal 500, 2018
“Engaging and knowledgeable, with a very practical mindset.” – Client feedback
“Quick to respond and looks thoroughly into matters.” – Client feedback