Recognised by the Singapore Business Review as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers aged 40 and under, and by The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) as a Next-Generation Partner, Jeremiah Huang is a Director with Icon Law where he counsels clients on capital markets, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and funds. In addition, he advises clients on employment matters, and post-IPO corporate governance and compliance issues.
Jeremiah graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University, Australia, at the tender age of 20. He subsequently returned to Singapore for National Service during which he commissioned as an officer and received the prestigious National Service Full-time of the Year Award, along with a letter of commendation from the then Chief Armour Officer, Brigadier General Benedict Lim.
Following his National Service, Jeremiah began training at one of Singapore’s oldest firms, and has since worked at various leading domestic and international firms. Prior to founding Icon Law with Chun Bin, Jeremiah was a Director with the former SIngapore member firm of the ZICO Law Network and a Partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets Practice at one of Singapore’s largest firms.
Most recently, Jeremiah was recognised by the Singapore Business Review as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers aged 40 and under for 2019, and in the 2020, 2021 and 2022 editions of The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a Next-Generation Partner.
In addition to his corporate practice, Jeremiah is an accredited and qualified mediator (Singapore Mediation Centre, Singapore International Mediation Institute and International Mediation Institute), as well as an IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (Asia) and Manager (CIPP/A and CIPM, IAPP). He also holds a Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore) issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore.
Jeremiah is also the legal advisor to Australian Alumni Singapore, which is the national umbrella organisation for the 200,000 Singaporean or Singapore-based graduates of Australian universities, and he serves on the Law Society of Singapore’s Corporate Practice Committee and International Relations Committee. He was also previously the legal advisor to Singapore’s Association of Listed Companies.
- 2022 – Accredited Mediator (SMC, SIMI and IMI)
- 2022 – IAPP CIPP/A and CIPM, and Practitioner Certificate in PDP (Singapore)
- 2019 – International Business Mandarin (Comprehensive) (Advanced), Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business
- 2013 – Qualified Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- 2008 – Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- Legal Advisor to Australia Alumni Singapore (supported by the Australia High Commission)
- Legal Advisor to the Association of Listed Companies (supported by the Singapore Exchange)
- Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers Aged 40 and Under, Singapore Business Review, 2019
- Next-Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020 – 2022