Jeyakuhan Jeyasingam has over 25 years of experience in commercial litigation services for disputes in stratified and landed property concerning the construction industry, property development, common property, facility management, real estate acquisition, sales and leasing sectors. His clientele includes landlords of commercial buildings, shopping malls and factories who engage his services to settle disputes with their tenants.
He also regularly advises on local and cross-border legal claims against freight forwarders, hauliers/transporters, shipping lines and logistics providers and has represented clients in various civil and labour law matters as well.
Jeyakuhan also advises on testamentary matters involving probate and administration that are both contested and uncontested applications.
Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Jeyakuhan was a partner at the Kuala Lumpur branch of law firm Rastam Singa & Co and was involved in litigation matters relating to commercial law, land and building law and corporate law documentation. He was also previously the managing partner of litigation-based law firm Scott & Kuhan.
Jeyakuhan is also a frequent guest speaker on topics relating to land and building laws as well as probate and administration, and has authored several articles related to these areas of the law.
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of London
- Legal article entitled “Managing the Tower of Babel” for a community-based forum about the merits of the enactment known as the Strata Management Act 2012.
- Authored “Givers Shall Inherit The Earth”, a chapter in the property development book “Our DreamHomes : Stories Of Co-Founders.
- Attended the 8th Training Course of the China-ASEAN Legal Training Base held in the Southwest University of Political Science and Law, Chongqing Municipality, China and presented a legal paper entitled “Building The 21st Century Maritime Silk Road – Legal Issues On Trade And Economic Cooperation” at the Law Conference organized by the China Law Society in Teng Chong, Yunnan Province, China.
- Testamentary Processes in the ASEAN Region: A Boon or Bane to Free Trade? – ZICO Law’s ASEAN 10/10 Series.
- The Emergence Of Coworking Spaces And Its Implications – ZICO Law’s ASEAN 10/10 Series.
- The impact of termination of a tenancy on the unexpired term – Financier Worldwide.
- COVID-19: Impact of MCO Regulations on tenants – are reduced rentals allowed? – ZICO Law Alert.
- COVID-19’s far-reaching effects: A look at the corona virus’ impact on contracts and other considerations in Malaysia and Asean – Starbiz.
- How a Malaysian Covid-19 Act could help mall tenants and landlords who are in limbo – The Edge Markets.
- Digital wills and assets: Moving on with the times – ZICO Law Alert.
- A Legal Health Check For Your Transactions – ZICO Law webinar.
- COVID-19 Laws: Examining the legal implications on the maxim generalia specialibus non derogant – ZICO Law Alert.
- More corporations and MNCs moving into coworking spaces – The Edge Financial Daily.
- Guest Speaker at Family Conference 2020 organized by the Law Society of Singapore on the topic: Multiplicity of Proceedings in Family and Probate Matters – The Challenges of Having Different Claims, Different Parties, or Assets in Different Jurisdictions.
- Management Bodies fully empowered to restrict short-term rental of strata units – ZICO Law Alert.
- Getting around the apex court ruling on short-term stays – The Edge Weekly.
- Date of booking fees deemed as start of late delivery charges will force developers to review their sales plan – The Edge Weekly.
- Does the Limitation Act apply to strata management disputes? – ZICO Law Alert.
- The Distribution of Insurance and EPF in Malaysia – ZICO Law Alert.
- Gated and Guarded Communities in Malaysia – ZICO Law Alert.
- Foreigners & Wills in Malaysia – ZICO Law Alert.