Judson Lim is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial practice group of Zaid Ibrahim & Co.’s office in Penang.
Judson’s main area of practice is on mergers and acquisitions, and private equity investments. He has undertaken domestic and cross-border transactions in numerous industries and advised funds and founders in early to late series fundraising.
Judson has also assisted with developing legislative frameworks for regulatory authorities, coordinated multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring and developed domestic and multijurisdictional employee equity schemes. He has advised on regulatory compliance for Greenfield and Brownfield investments (especially in Internet and financial technology), competition and antitrust law, tax law for corporate structuring, and distributorship, franchising and licensing matters.
- Advised a government transport regulatory authority on developing legislative framework and safety standards for an open access railway network
- Advised an ecommerce logistics startup in its USD10.6million Series B investment round from venture capital fund and a venture investment arm of a public-listed company
- Advised a Malaysian conglomerate on the partial divestment of a national carmaker and an English sports and racing automotive manufacturer at a combined value of MYR1.2billion
- Advised a public-listed company on its acquisition of a state telecommunication infrastructure and back-end services provider for MYR222million
- Advised a waste recovery and recycling business in its 40% divestment to a state-owned corporation at a valuation of MYR100million
- Represented founders of conveyor system designer and manufacturer on its divestment to a US private equity fund for MYR100million
- Represented founders of paper food packaging business in its divestment to a Finnish multinational for MYR40million
- Advised a public-listed entity on its investment into a private international education group valued at MYR32million
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (2013)
- Certificate of Legal Practice, Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia (2012)
- University of London, Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) (2011) including Routledge-Cavendish Award for best results in Scheme A Part I (2010) and University of London Awards for Academic Achievement (2011)