Kevin Hawkins is the Co-Executive Partner in ZICO Law Vietnam. Based in Ho Chi Minh City, Kevin advises clients on a variety of matters including business formation, oil, gas & power, education, trading & distribution, dispute resolution, mergers & acquisitions, property development, employment, corporate governance, and international trade.
Kevin is an accomplished U.S. lawyer who has over two decades of experience, with more than 15 years as a registered foreign lawyer in Vietnam. He has worked with corporate clients on a variety of matters in both the U.S. and Vietnam. In Vietnam and regionally, Kevin often presents at conferences on issues related to property development, infrastructure, and energy-related projects.
Kevin was admitted as a lawyer in the State of Connecticut in 1998 and then admitted in the District of Columbia in 2001. He became a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Vietnam in 2004. He initially worked at prestigious law firms in the US, first at Day Pitney and then at Bracewell, before joining Phillips Fox in Vietnam in 2003. Kevin later joined Mayer Brown JSM and was promoted to partner two years thereafter. In 2013, Kevin joined as a partner of Vietnam International Law Firm (VILAF) until his departure in 2018 to join the new executive management team at ZICO Law in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Registered Foreign Lawyer Vietnam 2004
- District of Columbia 2001
- Connecticut 1998
- US District Court for the District of Connecticut 1998
- University of Connecticut, JD, high honors, 1998
- Columbia University, MS, 1994. Social Work
- Bowdoin College, BA, 1988. Government & Legal Studies
- Band 4 | Corporate/M&A | Vietnam
Chambers AP, 2018-2019
“Kevin Hawkins is well placed to advise clients on finance, energy and real estate-related deals. He is highly experienced assisting international investors and funds on key deals in Vietnam.” – Editorial feedback
- Recommended | Projects, Infrastructure & Energy, and Corporate/M&A | Vietnam
Chambers AP, 2013
- Recommended | Corporate/M&A | Vietnam
Legal 500, 2012