Koay Su Ling is a partner in the Corporate Commercial practice group and the ZICO China Desk.
Su Ling’s main area of practice is on mergers and acquisitions, and equity capital markets. She has undertaken cross-border transactions in numerous industries with a special focus on inbound China-investments and outbound listings (IPOs) on foreign stock exchanges. Her experience spans all aspects of negotiation, due diligence and documentation including coordination of multijurisdictional offices and advisers.
Su Ling has also advised on joint venture and strategic alliances, multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring, foreign and domestic employee equity schemes, and regulatory compliance for Greenfield and Brownfield investments.
- Represented founders of webhosting company on their divestment of ~40% stake to a government-linked investment fund at enterprise value of MYR150million
- Advised a US-based global dairy franchise on its reverse takeover of a Malaysian Bursa-listed company at a valuation of MYR310million
- Advised a Malaysian property developer in its cross-border restructuring and slisting on the SGX Catalist market with a market capitalisation of SGD200million
- Advised a China-SOE on a joint venture with a Malaysian private entity for the development of reclaimed land in Penang Island valued at MYR1.1billion
- Represented a webhosting service provider, as lead counsel, on its acquisition of an Indonesian webhosting service provider at a valuation of IDR65billion
- Advised a theme park operator in its cross-border restructuring and listing on the SGX Catalist market with a market capitalisation of SGD30million
- Advised a private family trust and development group on the establishment of its mixed development property joint venture with gross development value of RM200million
- Represented founders and medical professionals of an aesthetic specialist medical centre on the disposal of its business at a valuation of MYR30million
- Advised an Australian university on a joint venture for the establishment of its foreign branch campus in Malaysia
- Advised corrugated carton manufacturer on its privatisation from the Bursa Main Market
- Master of Laws, Northumbria University (2010)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2010)
- Barrister-at-law, Lincoln’s Inn (2009)
- Northumbria University, Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) (2008)