Loh Wei Lian was a Partner at the Zaid Ibrahim & Co. from 1995 to 2017. She is now a consultant with the firm. She advises clients on structuring the development, construction and financing of major privatisation and infrastructure projects in the ASEAN region, including the structuring of clients’ commercial arrangements for participation and financing of their projects and issues relating to compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements. She also has extensive experience in advising government agencies on law reform and drafting of legislation and regulations.
Wei Lian has advised on the development of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Malaysia and overseas in the following sectors:
- private power generation
- water treatment and supply
- sewerage services and waste disposal
- transport and highways
- land development and land reclamation
Before joining the firm in 1991, Wei Lian spent four years at another Malaysian law firm, Shearn Delamore & Co.
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree, University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Recommended | Projects & Energy | Malaysia
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2013 – 2016