Khieu Mealy is a partner at SokSiphana&associates, a law firm specialized in international trade and corporate law in Phnom Penh.
Mealy is experienced advising on domestic and offshore financing matters, structuring for bank capital requirements, asset financing and on the legal and regulatory requirements of the securities exchange and the central bank. She sits as a panel lawyer for seven banks and is also well versed in providing practical legal solutions for clients who require strategic business and investment advice.
Mealy has advised on every aspect of business in a wide range of sectors, including domestic and international investment, commercial banks, and real estate. She has represented public listed real estate companies in a full range of real estate and related transactions, and also covers litigation and arbitration, ranging from personal rights to commercial disputes and corporate concerns.
Mealy has also been involved in law reform and acts as an advisor to the Royal Government of Cambodia on a variety of land and agricultural matters, particularly the Land Law Implementation Project and the Agriculture Sector Development Project with the Asian Development Bank. Her experience in trade law saw her involvement as the Chief Editor/Translator of WTO Trade Negotiations Materials for the Ministry of Commerce.
Mealy started her legal career working as a paralegal and Office Manager for Messrs. Sarin & Associates in 1996. She commenced her own legal practice in 2001 upon obtaining her law degree and became a partner of SokSiphana&associates in 2012 when the firm joined the ZICO Law network.
- Master of Double Degree, University Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and Royal University of Law and Economics (RULE) in collaboration with the University of Montreal, University of Geneva and French Cooperation Center, Phnom Penh
- Bachelor of Law, National Institute of Management and Royal University of Law and Economics, Phnom Penh
- Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Authorised Trade Mark Agent
- Founding Member of the National Commercial Arbitration Center
- Founding Member of Intellectual Property Association of Cambodia
- Country Head of Cambodian Group for ASEAN IPA
- Advisor (Secretary of State Rank) to the Second Vice President of the National Assembly
- Leading Lawyer: Distinguished Practitioner in Banking and finance, Asialaw Profiles 2020
- Leading Lawyer: Intellectual Property, Asialaw Profiles, 2018
- Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year: Global 100, 2019
- Band 3: General Business Law, Chambers AP, 2020
- Band 3: General Business Law, Legal 500, 2019
- Leading Lawyer: Construction and Real Estate, Asialaw Profiles, 2017-2018
- Recommended Individual: Asialaw Profiles, 2015-2016