Melanie Fong is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice group of Zaid Ibrahim & Co.’s Penang Office.
Her main area of focus is on equity capital markets and corporate restructuring. She has advised corporations and undertaken transactions on all three levels of the Malaysian stock exchange Bursa i.e. the Main Market, ACE and LEAP. Her experience spans all aspects of equity-related capital markets work including listings, solvent and insolvent restructuring, fund raising, due diligence, takeovers and privatisations, public-listed mergers and acquisitions, employee equity schemes and management reorganisation.
Melanie has also assisted with structuring joint ventures and strategic alliances, banking facilities and property development schemes (for regulatory compliance). She has also advised on venture capital investments and family/private wealth management.
- Advised an investment holding group on the takeover and privatisation of its public-listed company for MYR110million and its attendant share capital restructuring
- Advised a public-listed company in its financial reconstruction programme consisting of capital and debt restructuring (including negotiation of debt settlement with creditors) and fresh fund raising and acquisition of ongoing business valued at MYR55million
- Represented a public-listed company in its acquisition of a private household furniture manufacturer valued at MYR64million, and its fund raising of MYR38milllion with irredeemable convertible preference shares
- Advised a paper stationery company in the restructuring of their listing on the Bursa Main Market by a scheme of arrangement with a market cap of MYR59million
- Advised a residential housing developer in a joint venture-scheme for the transfer of low-cost/low-medium cost regulatory quota
- Advised a consortium of doctors and medical professionals in a private capital raising exercise and subsequent joint venture for the establishment of a multi-disciplinary hospital in Alor Setar, Kedah
- Advised an investment fund on the acquisition of a real property company and the development of its real estate assets into service residences
- University of Malaya, Bachelor of Laws (2013)
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2014)