Ng Ai Li is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial practice group at the Zaid Ibrahim & Co. office in Penang, and also the ZICO China Desk.
Ai Li’s main area of practice is foreign direct investment (with a special focus on inbound China-investments), banking and finance, and real estate (primarily with property development). She has advised clients on inbound and outbound investments spanning all aspects of negotiation, due diligence and documentation, and has coordinated investment and joint venture deals across multiple jurisdictions. She has vast experience with numerous institutional lenders and banks including the complex aspects of syndicated financing deals.
Ai Li has also advised on debt and equity capital raising exercises (for both public listed and private companies), joint venture and strategic alliances, solvent and insolvent restructuring and winding-up, distribution, franchise and licensing, and employee management (both non-contentious and disputes).
- Advised a China-SOE on a joint venture with a Malaysian private entity for the development of reclaimed land in Penang Island valued at MYR1.1billion
- Advised Schenzhen-listed engineering and medical investment group on its investment of MYR52million and joint venture development of the luxury hotel and residential mixed development
- Advised a large Chinese multinational healthcare group on its 70% acquisition of a birds nest manufacturer for MYR21million
- Advised a Malaysian investment bank as principal adviser and lead arranger to restructure a commercial vehicle manufacturer’s Islamic Commercial Papers and Medium Term Notes valued at MYR100million
- Represented a public-listed company in their acquisition of remaining 80% stake in a healthcare technology company for MYR80million and subsequent application to the Malaysian Securities Commission for exemption from undertaking a mandatory take-over of shares
- Advised an investment holding group in its MYR40million restructuring of its jetty management, palm oil manufacturing, chemicals manufacturing and real property holdings subsidiaries and assets
- Advised a consortium of Malaysian commercial banks as financiers and security agent in restructuring a MYR92million credit facility to a commercial vehicle manufacturer
- Advised a Malaysian commercial bank in respect of its facility of MYR162million to a property development-SPV for the financing of a mixed development project in Batu Kawan
- Advised a private investment vehicle on a purchase of a 16-storey hotel block and supporting facilities for MYR116million
- Advised a property development vehicle on its acquisition of a prominent mall for MYR75million
- Advised a public-listed company on its acquisition of a state telecommunication infrastructure and back-end services provider for MYR222million
- Advised a private university on its private issue of MYR50million in irredeemable preference shares including the structuring of a put and call option on the preference shares to the investors
- Advised a public-listed commercial vehicle manufacturer in its capital restructuring and subsequent raising of MYR28million through a rights issuance including an application to the Malaysian Securities Commission for exemption to undertake mandatory take-over of shares
- Advised a public-listed healthcare technology group in a bonus warrants issuance to raise up to MYR139million together with establishing a public-listed employee share option scheme
- Advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree from University of London, United Kingdom