Nuttaphol the Managing Partner at ZICO IP Thailand. With over 15 years of experience exclusively in Intellectual Property, Nuttaphol provides advice to clients on a wide array of contentious and non-contentious IP matters arising both in Thailand and overseas. Nuttaphol is an accomplished IP litigator, whose expertise encompasses a wide range of IP disputes, including pharmaceutical patent litigation, patent infringement, design, trademark & trade dress infringement, passing off, trade mark invalidation, copyright litigation relating to new media and technology, as well as obtaining preliminary injunction and Anton Piller orders.
He is a leading litigator in several landmark cases that were tried before the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court (IP & IT Court). Apart from his litigation work in Thailand, Nuttaphol had also advised clients and assisted in coordinating trademark and patent litigation in other countries, including USA and China.
Nuttaphol’s expertise also extends to transactional IP work such as licensing and franchising, as well as IP portfolio management, trade secret management and data protection.
He is a Pharma & Biotech Committee member of The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI). Nuttaphol is a law lecturer and special guest speaker at leading universities in Thailand, including Thammasat University and Prince of Songkla University. He is a regular author of worldwide publications, including Thailand Chapter of Multilaw’s Media, Advertisement & Entertainment Law Throughout the World, Thailand Chapter of the European Lawyer’s Patent Litigation (Second Edition 2012), Thailand Chapter of Thomson West’s Patent Claim Interpretation Global Edition (2008-2015), and Thailand Chapter of ICLG’s Patents (2013-2015).
Nuttaphol was admitted to legal practice in 2002 and joined ZICO Law Thailand in 2015. He was previously a Senior Associate and IP Litigator in the Intellectual Property Department of Tilleke & Gibbins (2002-2015).
- Lawyer’s License, Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Registered Patent Agent
- Notarial Service Attorney License
- Master of Management (Entrepreneurial and Innovation), Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- LL.B., Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Tier 2, Enforcement & Litigation, World Trademark Review 1000, 2018-2021
- Band 4, Intellectual Property, Chambers AP, 2021
- Distinguished Practitioner, Intellectual Property, Asialaw Leading Lawyers, 2020
- Recommended Lawyer, Intellectual Property, Legal 500, 2017-2020
- Leading Lawyer, Patents, IAM Patent 1000, 2019
- Client Choice Award winner, Trademarks; 2017/2019, Patents; 2018, Client Choice Awards
- Leading Trademark Expert, World Trademark Review 1000, 2018
- Leading Practitioner, Trademarks, Expert Guides, 2018
“knowledgeable and easy to work with.”
“Nuttaphol…has a growing reputation in this area of work, especially handling patent litigation.”
“Arammuang’s contentious prowess extends across the IP spectrum.”
“Arammuang is an experienced litigator with a number of landmark wins on his résumé, although he also has a lock on the prosecution process too.”