Wei Jie is a corporate and commercial lawyer who has advised on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, public and private offerings as well as investments of equity and debt instruments. He has worked on corporate exercises involving publicly listed entities and funds-related matters in the private equity and venture capital space. He has also advised on general corporate & commercial matters, cross-border trade and investments, sector-based Malaysian regulatory matters and non-contentious employment matters.
Wei Jie commenced legal practice in a leading capital markets law firm in Malaysia, and continued his legal practice focusing on corporate and transactional work in the Malaysian associate firm of a Singapore-based regional law firm. He joined Zaid Ibrahim & Co. as a Senior Associate in June 2018.
• Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya.
• Australian Lawyer, Supreme Court of New South Wales.
• Certificate of Legal Practice, Legal Profession Qualifying Board of Malaysia.
• Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University.
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland.