Soh Chun Bin is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer, with 20 years of experience in the corporate finance and legal sectors. He specialises in capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. Chun Bin has advised on many Singapore and international initial public offerings of corporations and real estate investment trusts, including secondary equity and debt fund raising by such entities. His expertise spans many diverse industries, including brick and mortar businesses as such real estate developers to tech companies. Chun Bin has also advised on many cross-border transactions and has a broad network of clients spanning countries such as China, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Chun Bin commenced legal practice in 2000. He started his career as a corporate lawyer at a major law firm well known in Singapore for its expertise in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions, and moved on to be one of the early pioneering lawyers at a leading Singaporean law firm. In May 2012, he left legal practice to head up various corporates, including public listed companies, as chief executive. Prior to founding Icon Law, Chun Bin was the Head of Capital Markets at Insights Law.
Chun Bin has been recognised as a leading lawyer by legal publications such as Chambers and Partners and AsiaLaw, and also sits on the boards of listed companies. He was a former scholar with a global multinational corporation headquartered in Singapore. Chun Bin was also a contributor for “Mergers and Acquisitions in China”, a book published by Thomson/Sweet & Maxwell Asia. He has on occasion presented on topics related to his expertise in various seminars including teaching seminars conducted by the Singapore Institute of Directors.
- October 2022 – present: Founding and Managing Director, Icon Law LLC
- November 2018 – October 2022: Head of Capital Markets, Insights Law LLC / ZICO Insights Law LLC
- January 2017 – October 2018: Head of Corporate and Commercial Group, Fortis Law Corporation
- October 2015 – December 2016: Managing Director, Victoria Medical Beauty Group Pte. Ltd.
- October 2014 – September 2015: Chief Executive Officer, Changjiang Fertilizer Holdings Ltd. (listed on the Singapore Exchange)
- July 2012 – September 2014: Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Strategic Holdings Ltd. (listed on the Singapore Exchange)
- March 2001 – May 2012: Partner, Stamford Law Corporation
- June 1999 – March 2001: Associate, Wong Partnership
- 2000 – Qualified Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- 1999 – Bachelor of Laws (Honours), National University of Singapore