Sunita heads our Commercial Business Unit at our branch office in Johor Bahru.
She has vast experience in advising foreign and local clients which include corporate entities and individuals on a wide range of issues including property investments, building construction, banking and commercial transactions. She has advised clients on inter alia share sale transactions, joint venture agreements and land bank sales.
Sunita has also drafted and advised on commercialisation agreements, technology transfer agreements and various types of licensing agreements.
Sunita started off her career first by being a pupil-in-chamber in Messrs. Sri Ram & Co Malaysia and Messrs. Murphy & Dunbar in Singapore. Prior joining the firm, Sunita was first made a Legal Assistant and later a Partner at Messrs. Brockett & Cho. In 2001, she was made Partner at Syed Alwi, Ng, & David Chong, heading the corporate, conveyancing & litigation department.
Sunita joined the firm as a Partner in June 2006.
- Advocate and solicitors of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1991)
- Advocate and solicitors of the High Court of Malaya (1990)
- Barrister-at-Law, United Kingdom
- Master of Law (Advanced Banking and Company Law) degree from National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree from University of Hull, United Kingdom