Yeo Kim Hooi is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Commercial practice group at Zaid Ibrahim & Co.’s office in Penang.
Yeo’s main area of focus is on mergers and acquisitions, and private equity investments. He has led the negotiation of domestic and cross-border (both inbound and outbound) transactions in various industries including information technology, manufacturing and real estate management. His experience spans all aspects of negotiation, due diligence and documentation including coordination of multijurisdictional offices and advisers.
Yeo has also assisted clients with the set-up of their joint ventures and strategic alliances and their employee equity schemes (both foreign and domestic). He also regularly advises clients on the structuring and negotiation of their commercial dealings (with a special focus on clients within the Internet technology, semiconductor, and retail and distribution industries) and on employee management matters.
- Represented founders of a metal stamping and die casting business in their divestment valued at MYR213million to a Japanese private equity fund
- Advised Singapore private equity fund in their acquisition of a commercial complex and mall valued at MYR108million
- Represented a public-listed company in their acquisition of remaining 80% stake in a healthcare technology company for MYR80million and subsequent application to the Malaysian Securities Commission for exemption to undertake mandatory take-over of shares
- Represented founders of webhosting company on their divestment of ~40% stake to a government-linked investment fund at enterprise value of MYR150million
- Advised an investment holding group in its MYR40million restructuring of its jetty management, palm oil manufacturing, chemicals manufacturing and real property holdings subsidiaries and assets
- Advised a Japanese-steel manufacturing conglomerate on their 41% acquisition of a Malaysian steel manufacturer valued at MYR12.3million
- Advised a subsidiary of a public listed company on its development of the first and only Build-Own-Operate-Transfer palm fibre oil extraction plant in Malaysia
- University of London, Bachelor of Laws (2013)
- Certificate of Legal Practice, Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia (2015)
- Advocate and solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2016)