We are happy to share that we will be participating in the Malaysia-Myanmar Connect 2019 forum which runs from 28-31 August at the Wyndham Grand Yangon Hotel.
Our resident partner, Geraldine Oh, will be speaking on Legal Updates during the How to invest in Myanmar seminar on Thursday, 29 August from 15:00-16:30.
Malaysia-Myanmar Connect 2019 is a three-day event co-organised by the Malaysia-Myanmar Business Chambers and the Embassy of Malaysian in Yangon that brings together the Malaysia and Myanmar business communities. Delegates can join and meet with government officials, business leaders and industry associations. More than 100+ companies and 300+ delegates including businesses from Malaysia have confirmed their attendance at this inaugural event.
Breakout sessions for sector-specific tracks will include:
- Construction & Property (Ministry of Construction)
- Manufacturing (Ministry of Industry)
- Information Technology (Ministry of Transport & Communications)
- Trading & Services (Ministry of Commerce)
- 28 August: Working dinner with the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) and prominent Myanmar business leaders
- 29 August: Knowledge sharing sessions by subject matter experts and site visit to the Thilawa Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- 30 August: Keynote addresses by H.E. U Thaung Tun, Union Minister, Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations (MIFER), H.E U Min Ye Paing Hein, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Industry, and H.E U Phyo Min Thein, Chief Minister, Yangon Region Government
For more details, you can visit the event site.