Malaysia’s historic 14th General Elections has given birth to a ’New Malaysia’ that is on the path towards greater transparency, integrity, and fairness. The new government’s outspoken commitment to these ideals coupled with the revitalisation of the ‘Malaysia Incorporated’ concept hints towards an environment of greater cooperation between the private sector and the government, as well as seismic changes in the nation’s corporate and regulatory climate. As the dust begins to settle, a raft of new opportunities and challenges has arisen. How can your business best capitalise on the business environment of ‘New Malaysia’?
Join us on 28 January 2019 at our Trusted Business Advisor Series Event: Dawn of A New Corporate Malaysia where Partners from leading Malaysian law firm, Zaid Ibrahim & Co. (a member of ZICO Law) will provide you with practical advice and guidance on a range of hot topic issues pertinent to the development and growth of your business. Topics include:
- Dealing with Government Contracts: Lobbying for business with influence traders
- The Advent of Corporate Liability in light of the MACC Amendment Act 2018 Corporate Directors: How vulnerable are you?
- Managing the Tower of Babel – A Stratified (and Non-Stratified) Discourse on the many laws affecting Property Development and Management
- Intellectual Property Litigation Strategies
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Where do we go from here?
- Turning up the Volume: Embracing whistle-blowers and better governance
- Minority Shareholders: Taking on corporate goliaths with more than just a slingshot
Our Partners have garnered a strong reputation for having on-the-ground expertise and in-depth understanding of local business nuances. Drawing upon a wealth of experience across various practice areas and industry specialisations, we can provide you with key insights to help you succeed in ‘New Malaysia’. Our regional partners from the ZICO Law network will also be in attendance, so do take this opportunity to meet them as well.
Mark your calendars now and reserve your seat for our full day Trusted Business Advisor event!