Operating since 2009 as Vientiane Law and now as ZICO Law (Laos), the firm has been helping clients from its Vientiane office with a team of experienced foreign and Laotian lawyers.
The firm has advised leading international and Laotian corporate clients in diverse fields of industry and commerce on a wide range of laws, notably those relating to Foreign Investments, Securities, Contract, Labour, Intellectual Property, Tax, Banking, Land, Telecommunications, Environment, Consumer Protection, and Dispute Resolution.
ZICO Law Laos is led by Managing Partner Aristotle David, who has been working as an international lawyer since 2000. He has worked in Laos since 2005 where he has dealt with a wide range of transactional business matters for multinational corporate clients.
As a member firm of ZICO Law, we provide our clients direct access to a powerhouse of over 300 lawyers in all 10 ASEAN member countries. With this we are unique in providing cross-border legal-related services within the same regional network. ZICO Law is part of ZICO, an integrated network of multidisciplinary firms helping organizations and individuals succeed in ASEAN.
We have helped clients including overseas public listed companies, established commercial banks and project companies. Our reputation is confirmed by the consistent Tier 1 rankings of our lawyers in the legal publications, regionally and internationally, and the number of awards we have received over the years.
Some of our engagements include:
- Advising on concession agreements, shareholding structures, and the establishment of a number of hydropower joint venture companies in Laos.
- Advising foreign investors on all aspects of an acquisition including conducting legal due diligence of well known mining company in Laos.
- Acting a retainer legal counsel for all aspects of Lao legal compliance matters for operations of several well known multinational company.
- Acting as lender legal counsel for well established international financial institutions related to sovereign loan facilities and project financing to several major projects in Laos.
- Advising commercial banks on its banking and financial documents in compliance with the local laws of Laos including on security arrangement and documentation for project financing.
- Advising on regulatory approvals and compliance with local legislations.
- Advising on documentation of property selling and retail leasing for a number of residential and commercial development projects.