ZICO Law Myanmar is speaking at the Malaysian Business Chamber (MBC Myanmar) breakfast talk on ‘Investment and Company Law Updates’ on Thursday 14th December, 2017 from 9-11am, at Yandanar Ballroom, Park Royal Hotel Myanmar.
This event will cover updates on:
- Legal updates from the newly passed Myanmar Companies Law. What next for new and existing companies in Myanmar?
- New opportunities for M&A deals.
- What are the promoted sectors under the Myanmar Investment Law? Is JV required?
- What sectors are open for trading activities? Any new sectors opening up soon?
- Are JVs required for trading entities?
Geraldine Oh is a Senior Associate and has experience advising clients on a range of corporate and commercial transactions across diverse industries including: telecommunications, trade, agriculture, hotel and tourism and the service sector. Geraldine’s skills include contract drafting, review, corporate advisory, providing legal opinions on various legal issues, providing legal advisory on a wide range matters relating to foreign direct investment into Myanmar and has acted as the lead solicitor and negotiator for past projects.
Geraldine also has a background in litigation of corporate commercial disputes appearing at all levels of Court in Malaysia and having a number of reported judgments in the Malaysian Law Reports, involving issues such as breach of contract, land law, banking facility defaults, shareholder disputes and company law matters.